19) Stephanie Eby, Amit Agrawal, Andrew Dobson, Vishwesha Guttal, Leading indicators of grassland to woodland transitions along a spatial gradient in a savanna ecosystem, submitted.
18) Amit Badhuri, Srinivas Raghavendra, Vishwesha Guttal, On the Systemic Fragility of Finance Led Growth, in revision.
17) Sonia Kefi*, Vishwesha Guttal*, William A Brock, Stephen R Carpenter, Aaron M Ellison, Valerie N Livina, David A Seekel, Marten Scheffer, Egbert H van Nes, Vasilis Dakos, Early warning signals of ecological transitions: Methods for spatial patterns, Accepted, Plos ONE. (*These authors contributed equally to this work).
16) Vishwesha Guttal*, C. Jayaprakash*, Omar P. Tabbaa*, 2013, Robustness of early warning signals of regime shifts in time-delayed ecological models, Theoretical Ecology, 6:271-283. (*All authors contributed equally to this manuscript and the names are listed in alphabetical order). PDF
15) A. Catherine Markham, Vishwesha Guttal, Susan C Alberts, Jeanne Altmann. 2013, When good neighbors don’t need fences: Temporal landscape partitioning among baboon social groups, Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology. 67:875-884. PDF.
14) Christos C Ioannou, Vishwesha Guttal, Iain D Couzin, 2012, Predatory fish select for coordinated collective motion in virtual prey. Science. 337: 1212-1215 A video on YouTube. [PDF available from Iain Couzin's publications page. Look for publication #69.]
13) Vishwesha Guttal*, Pawel Romanczuk*, Stephen J Simpson, Gregory A Sword, Iain D Couzin, 2012, Cannibalism as a driver of the evolution of phase polyphenism in locusts, Ecology Letters, Vol 15:1158-1166 [*co-first authors]. PDF.
12) Vasilis Dakos, Stephen R. Carpenter, William A. Brock, Aaron M. Ellison, Vishwesha Guttal, Anthony R. Ives, Sonia Kefi, Valerie Livina, David A. Seekell, Egbert H. van Nes, Marten Scheffer, 2012, Methods for detecting early warnings of critical transitions in time series: Illustrated using simulated ecological data, PLoS ONE. 7(7): e41010. PDF
11) Vishwesha Guttal, Frederick Bartumeus, Gregg Hartvigsen, Andrew Nevai, 2011. Variability in seed retention time as a mechanism for animal mediated long distance dispersal, PLoS ONE 6(12): e28447. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0028447. PDF
9) Vishwesha Guttal, Iain D. Couzin, 2010, Social interactions, information use and the evolution of collective migration, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, USA. 107:16172-16177. PDF. Also see: Movies 1 and 2.
Highlight: Faculty of 1000 Biology
Highlight: Virtual Journal of Biological Physics
2) Vishwesha Guttal, David Stroud, 2005, “A model for a Macroscopically Disordered Conductor with an Exactly Linear High-Field Magnetoresistance “, Physical Review B (Rapid Communications) 71, 201304 (2005).PDF
1) Debashish Chowdhury, Vishwesha Guttal, Katsuhiro Nishinari and Andreas Schadschneider, 2002, “A Cellular Automata model of flow in ant-trails: non-monotonic variation of speed with density”, Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and General: 35, L575-L577 (2002). PDF.
3) Vishwesha Guttal, “Finding the longest day”, Purnapramati School Souvenir, Jan 2013. PDF.
2) Vishwesha Guttal, “YETI in Guwahati”, Current Science, 2012, Vol 102:1357-1359. PDF.
1) Vishwesha Guttal, “A brief introduction to the philosophy of science”, Purnapramati School Souvenir, Jan, 2012. PDF.